Welcome to D. Krauss' website. Tread carefully. Things roll underfoot.
Ten tales of the mundane, of a universe askew, where things are slightly off:
1. The Last Man in the World Explains All: double check your math.
2. Ghost Woods: shot an arrow into the air, and where it landed...
3. Invisibility: don't attract attention. Just don't.
4. Not With a Bang: this is how the world ends.
5. Do-Over: the problem with time travel is you.
6. An Unfortunate Choice of Words: Aliens. Man, they just don't get it.
7. The World Without Souls: not the most pleasant of places.
8. Reparations: my, how things change.
9. Inherit the Earth: a race, or an idea?
10. An Inappropriate Response: Humans. Man, they just don't get it.
Real vampires. Tasteful dismemberments. And delightful shivers, from ten old-fashioned horror stories:
The Moonlight in Genevieve's Eyes: unrequited love. Tragic. Just tragic.
Choice: second chances are rare. Especially when you work for a vampire.
The Flowers in Mr. Williams' Garden: neighborhood watch, ghost style.
Cistern: zombies are horrible, until they hire you.
The Elvish Woman: lovers who steal your soul. Literally.
The Trumpet Inside the Warehouse: no one can hear you scream.
King of the Bears: be victorious, or be dinner.
Angel Eyes: man's best friend, when you forget your cross and garlic.
The Absence of Land: sell the farm, pay the consequences.
Face to Face: Lane really, really wants to meet his birth mother.
So, grab a crucifix, a shotgun, and come on in. But, leave a clearly marked trail. It's dark in here.